MLIA Grant Information
In accordance with the Montana Land Information Act (MLIA), the Montana State Library administers an annual grant program to distribute accumulated funds from the Montana Land Information Account, established by MLIA. Grant applications are evaluated by the State Library and its advisory council, the Montana Land Information Advisory Council, and follow the MLIAC Grant Subcommittee Code of Ethics. Grant criteria are established based on the original intent of the MLIA and the goals and objectives of the annual Montana Land Information Plan. Please direct all grant program questions to MLIAGrants@mt.gov.
MLIA FY2023 Grant Program
Upcoming Training Opportunities - Training Flyer
- Using Amplifund: MLIA Grant Management Tool: Learn how to complete and submit an MLIA Grant Application using the AmpliFund tool, the required grant management system. Presented by AmpliFund Team & Montana State Library.
- Grant Proposal Writing: Learn the nuts and bolts of grant proposal writing, writing for clarity, and the basics of the MLIA Grant Program. Presented by Janet Cornish, Community Development Services of Montana.
Awarded Grant Projects
Grant Writing Educational Materials
- Previously Recorded Grant Workshops:
Managing Your MLIA Grant
Annual Grant Process Timeline*
|Grant criteria/application published
|Grant application received by the MSL deadline
||before 5:00p.m. on February 15
|Grant application revision deadline
|Grant applications prioritized for funding by MSL/MLIAC Grant Subcommittee
||by May 1
|Grants applications funding approval by Montana State Library Commissiion
||by May 15
|Start of grant year
|Quarterly status reports
|Close of grant year
| *This does not apply to MLIA Off-Cycle Grants
Eligible Grant Recipients
The MLIA grant program was established for the purpose of implementing the Montana Land Information Plan -- MCA 90-1-404
Eligible grant recipients:
- state agencies
- local governments/agencies
- Indian tribal governments or tribal entities
Please direct all grant program questions to MLIAGrants@mt.gov.
Apply for an FY2023 MLIA Grant